Wednesday 20 November 2013

Studium and punctum in my project

The theme for my project is "Students in England". The main studium will be a young person who is presented in a environment like street, station, park, forest or shop. I would like to present the contrast between a person and her/his surrounding. My intention is to show this students in their new environment which they had to create for themselves in England. On pictures spectator will be able to see their positive or negative emotions towards their new "home".
The punctum will be a personal interpretation of my photograph. However it could be read by students expression on the face. The spectator will be able to ask himself questions like, why this person is in this place? what is the meaning of her/his body? why this is a close-up or wide shot? why this person is smiling is sad or pensive.

To sum up I would like to capture the reality by showing students in their most natural and friendly environment. In the places were they feel good. However I was not always able to manage that because for example this person is generally not feeling good here. That's why this pictures will reflect positive or negative attitude.  It will depends on person I will be photographing.

No comments:

Post a Comment