Wednesday 20 November 2013

Presentations of Robert Frank and William Klein

This two photographer in my opinion created very interesting photographs. I have found in them a big influence on my project. Each of them was individualistic and was creating photos which were not approved by others photographs. They were controversial and that made them interesting.

Robert Frank was an author of one of the most important book of photographs in history, "The Americans". In each photo he was trying to present people with a symbol of America like for example flag. In his photos he wanted to show how Americans obey rules. He was travelling via whole America to took the best pictures, which could in best way reflect America in 1950s.

William Klein in the same way as Robert Frank was an author of photographic books. However, he was also well known from his fashion photography. He got his fame after publishing for Vogue magazine and his photo essays on various cities. He was taking photos not in a convectional way. He even said that "grain, blur, contrast, accidents, cockeyed framing, no problem". To took his pictures he was travelling all over the world. He was in New York, Rome, Moscow and Paris.
For me his works are surprising and at the same made me curious. Maybe his work is not influential for me, because I think that my photograph should be not blurt. But at the same that I would like also to capture people but opposite to him they will be in some way similar to me. Klein was taking pictures of strangers on the street.

In my project I will be taking photos of people from Poland so we will be sharing the same cultural and historical background. We all are students and in England we have to find our new home. In my project I would like also to ask a question is it possible to create here for us a new home? In my case coming to England and study was always a dream. I was able to manage that but I don't think if that is enough to feel here like in home.

Examples of photographs which made a great input on me.

Robert Frank "Chasing the light"


William Klein 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment