Tuesday 3 December 2013

Presentation of Martin Parr





Martin Parr is one of the most interesting photographers. He is a British photographer who is trying to capture the reality. He has focused his work on the street photography. He was photographing people on the beach and at Ascot.

He started his career with black and white photographs his works are for example "Bad weather" and "A fair day". Since 1989 he started to photograph in colour: "Last resort".

According to Martin Parr people should experiment with photography. He said "find the extraordinary in the ordinary”.  That's why I was trying to explore the photography and mass up with the Nikon D7000.

Martin Parr said “Don’t get everyone to smile; otherwise you’ll end up with the same old family propaganda.”

This quote was still in my head when I was working on my project. I didn't wanted to take some normal pictures which will be presenting only the students. I wanted to find something more.

For me this photographer is huge influence for my project. One of his opinions is all the time in my head “Don’t get everyone to smile; otherwise you’ll end up with the same old family propaganda.” In some way I can agree with him, but also sometimes as a viewer I would like to see the smile on the picture. However, this is not so common. In my project I will try that my object would not smile, but if this person will feel the need to smile I will led her to do this. I would like to show them who they are. Or on the other side if they will be sad or feeling bad in from of the camera that is also good. I want to see their feeling positive or negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment